SmartCare is committed to giving individuals and families the chance to find the support that they need—right in their own rural community. We believe that families deserve hope and the utmost respect as they seek the tools to treat mental health conditions, manage behavioral health and improve the quality of their lives.
SmartCare is embedded within primary care clinics allowing for warm hand-off referrals to behavioral health staff. We also encourage walk-ins during regular clinic hours. No matter how big or small your life stress, SmartCare will professionally assist you and your family in managing emotional and behavioral concerns to improve your quality of life and overall wellbeing.
SmartCare Team & Services
Our team comprises Behavioral Health Care Managers (licensed and registered mental health therapists), Behavioral Health Educators, and Psychiatrists that robustly enhance the expertise and capacity of the primary care providers to provide collaborative, personable and comprehensive care to patients all in one place.
The SmartCare team offers:
- Case consultation and education to primary care staff
- Thorough screenings and assessment using evidence-based validated screening tools
- Brief therapy interventions, health education counseling for individuals, couples and families
- Group treatment sessions
- Psychiatric consultation to support prescribing primary care providers
- Referrals to treatment and warm hand-off to specialty mental health and/or substance use disorder providers when needed
- Both in-person and telehealth options
- Health and wellness activities for rural community members
- Services in both English and Spanish
- Telehealth capabilities are available & utilized
Any person receiving medical care at our partnered community clinics located in Valley Center, Ramona, Campo, Alpine and Julian, as well as those that reside within the neighboring rural communities in which we serve. Additionally, inclusive of Medi-Cal beneficiaries or any person that is uninsured or underinsured. All SmartCare services are provided free of charge to the patient and the clinic. SmartCare services are funded by Health and Human Services Agency.